International Virtual Observatory Alliance
This document is the result of a study by the IVOA Technical Coordination Group with the
intention of coordinating the IVOA Working Groups and Interest Groups. Specific objectives are:
The IVOA in 2007: Assessment and Future Roadmap
IVOA Note 18 June 2007
- Interest/Working Group:
- Roy Williams, Mark Allen, Christophe Arviset, Sebastien Derriere, Dave deYoung, Markus
Dolensky, Francoise Genova, Matthew Graham, Bob Hanisch, Gerard Lemson, Mireille Louys,
Andrea Preite Martinez, Keith Noddle, Francois Ochsenbein, Pedro Osuna, Ray Plante, Anita
Richards, Rob Seaman, Yuji Shirasaki, Aurelien Stebe, Mark Taylor, Herve Wozniak
- Building a roadmap for the IVOA that is a union of roadmaps for the Working Groups
and Interest Groups.
- Ensuring productive crosstalk of the WG/IG so that workpackages cover relevant
ground, but also do not overlap.
- Evaluating dependencies of one WG/IG on another and minimizing impact.
- Attaching milestones to the WG/IG roadmaps, representing planned achievements and
- Ensuring an effective evaluation of proposed standards during the RFC period.
- Providing a continuous reporting checkpoint to the IVOA Executive Committee on
This is an IVOA Note expressing suggestions from and opinions of the authors.
It is intended to share best practices, possible approaches, or other perspectives on interoperability with the Virtual Observatory. It should not be referenced or otherwise interpreted as a standard specification.