Rough agenda for the meeting on Thursday
gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 10 09:41:25 PDT 2003
This is all still negotiable...send me email if you don't like it.
I've put down names of people who might introduce some of the topics: i.e. a
couple of minutes verbal intriduction, not a long presentation.
Meeting of Web/Grid services groups of IVOA
Thursday, 16th October 2003
14:00 to 16:00
1. Brief review of who's using which technology (Rixon)
2. Cone-search web service (Alasdair
- Do we want one distinct from an ADQL service?
- Do we want it to deal in variable equinox, epoch etc.?
3. Metadata service (Wil O'Mullane)
- What role do we see for it?
4. What other standard services does IVOA need?
- What are we missing?
- What exists already in projects that needs to be made standard?
5. Can we use grid services? (Rixon)
- Can we migrate everything to OGSI services?
- Can we add a few OGSI services into a web-service architecture?
- WS-GAF vs OGSI
6. Pan-service issues
- How should a service react to a query it can't answer exactly?
- What interface style? XML documents? "SOAPy beans"? RPCs?
Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Institute of Astronomy Tel: +44-1223-337542
Madingley Road, Cambridge, UK, CB3 0HA Fax: +44-1223-337523
More information about the grid