NVO Registry portal
yuji.shirasaki at nao.ac.jp
Fri Dec 10 09:30:43 PST 2004
> The NVO registry portal at
> http://nvo.stsci.edu/voregistry is now available following server
> move/upgrades. During this server change a few code improvements were
> made to XML return types along with minor changes following problem
Thank you Gretchen, we (JVO) have successfully retrieved the data from the above
registry by using OAI-PMH protocol.
We find the follwoing problems:
- This attiribute is defined as "anyURI" type in the schema, however
in most of the case non-URI string "NOT PROVIDED" is provided.
- We have problem when parsing such XML.
- Is this situation solved near future ?
- Same as 1, this is also defined as "anyURI" type, but some field has non-URI type
- Some data has a space in the URL, and has a query string.
e.x. <accessURL>http://skys.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/vo/sia.pl? FORMAT=image/fits&COLTAB=B/W+Linear&XPIXEL=500&YPIXEL=500</accessURL>
- Our portal uses the "accessURL" as an endpoint URL and add query parameters to it,
so we need to remove query string from the "accessURL".
- "xsi:type" of SkyNode interface is defined as "ParamHTTP". Why not "WebService" ?
- Out portal selects an appropriate protocol according to the xsi:type of the "Interface",
so we cannot access to the skynode by WebService protocol.
- "qtype" attribute is omitted in the most of the cases.
- Our portal assume "GET" or "POST" is defined in this attribute.
Which one should we use as a default ?
Yuji SHIRASAKI, Research Fellow +81-422-34-3579 (tel)
National Astronomical Observatory of Japan +81-422-34-3840 (fax)
Osawa, Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan yuji.shirasaki at nao.ac.jp
More information about the registry