Announce: ACR 1.1-beta
Noel.Winstanley at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Aug 15 07:27:23 PDT 2005
AstroGrid are happy to announce the beta release of the 'AstroGrid Client
Runtime' - ACR. The ACR provides a simple way of accessing VO services from
client-side scripts and applications with a minimum amount of effort.
The main improvements of this release are
* Redesign of the ACR interfaces:
* now an effective, self-contained, facade to AstroGrid
* more logical naming conventions
* additional helper functions.
* Full documentation of the ACR interface, and examples of use via XMLRPC and
* Java RMI interface to the ACR -
* Finder class to automatically locate or create an ACR instance.
The ACR interface can be considered stable - function names and parameters
aren't going to change again. The beta refers to the implementation - there
may be a few bugs to iron out before the final 1.1 is released.
Feedback gratefully received.
Noel.Winstanley at manchester.ac.uk / nw at jb.man.ac.uk 07941 639 323
Senior Java Developer, Astrogrid Project.
Jodrell Bank Observatory, University of Manchester.
More information about the apps