DAL discussions in Pune
dtody at nrao.edu
Wed Sep 22 19:30:49 PDT 2004
IVOA DAL Working Group
Pune, India 27-29 Sept 2004
Hi DAL Folks -
Here is a draft agenda for the DAL sessions in Pune.
DAL-1 Monday, Sept 27 14:00 - 15:30
SSA data model V0.9 update (J. McDowell)
- Includes new data model serializations
SSA query (M. Dolensky)
- Formatting the query response VOTable, which is based on
mapping elements of the SSA data model into VOTable
DAL-2 Tuesday, Sept 28 11:00 - 12:30
VOSpec tool demo (P. Osuna)
- Includes issue of dealing with flux unit conversions in
the spectral data model
SIA extension (P. Fernique for F. Bonnarrel, P. Osuna, et. al.)
- Metadata extension scheme for adding arbitrary dataset
metadata to the DAL query respone (not just for SIA)
Data Staging in SIA (D. Tody - if there is time)
- We need to start looking at long-running data access operations
and how to manage batch processes in DAL interfaces using
asynchronous messaging, polling, data staging, and so forth.
We could also discuss SkyNode and ADQL integration into DAL, however
since the sessions don't overlap this might be better done in the VOQL
session, which immediately follows DAL-1.
A related discussion of data characterization will take place in DM-1,
immediately before DAL-1. This is an essential element of both SSA and
the next version of SIA.
More information about the dal