Andrea Preite Martinez
andrea.preitemartinez at iasf-roma.inaf.it
Fri Apr 27 05:52:51 PDT 2007
here some news:
- The new UCD1+ list of words (Version 1.23) is an IVOA-REC since
April 02. You can find the document in the IVOA Document repository.
- As you can see in Appendix B of the document, 12 words have been
deleted since last REC (Rec20051231). The following is the list of
deleted words, with the corresponding replacements:
deleted: | replacement:
phys.atmol.damping | phys.damping
phys.atmol.qn.I | phys.atmol.qn
phys.mol.qn | phys.atmol.qn
time.event | time.duration
time.event.end | time.end
time.event.start | time.start
time.expo | time.duration;obs.exposure
time.expo.end | time.end;obs.exposure
time.expo.start | time.start;obs.exposure
time.obs | time.duration;obs
time.obs.end | time.end;obs
time.obs.start | time.start;obs
- This opens the problem of upgrading the content of archives already
using UCDs and/or the problem of keeping track of different versions.
- You can find the list of words with the updated tools at the CDS
- As requested by many of you, a syntax-validate tool has been built
and it works. It will be soon available on-line (for the moment it?s
only running on my machine!)
- A Note on Astronomical Keywords in the era of the Virtual
Observatory has been recently uploaded in the IVOA Document repository
(and WG page). Comments are welcome.
- I recently moved the Note on Ontology of object types to the level
of WD, but this does not mean that we envisage to have an IVOA
standard ontology, at least for the time being.
- We are working on use cases: unknown concept classification,
browsing of the knowledge, . . . ideas are welcome.
- We have 2 sessions: roughly one for UCDs and one for Ontologies.
- There is still room for one or two contributions per topic: please
let me know!!
Andrea Preite Martinez andrea.preitemartinez at iasf-roma.inaf.it
Via del Fosso del Cavaliere 100 Tel.CDS :+33.3.90242452
I-00133 Roma Cell.1 :+39.318.104.22.1683
More information about the ucd-tech