VOStore interface

Reagan Moore moore at sdsc.edu
Fri Aug 5 10:26:04 PDT 2005

Matthew:

The expectation is that the VOStore interface does not need to do
either authentication or authorization.  If a person is working
directly with a local storage system, then they are accessing their
own personal data while running under their personal account ID.
They can execute the VOStore interface as a local application.

If VOSpace is accessing the local storage system through VOStore,
then VOSpace authenticates its access to the local storage system to
read or write files under the VOSpace account ID.  Again VOStore is
just a local application that VOSpace executes.

If the owner of data on the local storage repository chooses to make
a file world readable, then VOSpace would be able to access the file
through VOStore.

Reagan